Disability Advocacy Day
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Must be registered by March 8. No Walk-ins permitted.
Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center,
One John Nolen Drive, Madison, WI
Disability Advocacy Day is designed to connect you with your legislators so you can talk about issues that matter to you. You are the expert in sharing how legislative policies affect people with disabilities in their everyday lives.
JOIN US! Make certain your voice is heard!
Official Site for Disability Advocacy Day: www.survivalcoalitionwi.org
Disability Advocacy Day is a day-long event focused on connecting Self-Advocates with their legislators to talk about issues that matter to them. Attendees are expected to participate in the full day of activities.
- Online at: https://www.eri-wi.org/dad/
- Download form HERE
- There is small fee to register. $10 per person. NEW
- Order a lunch (optional) $10
- Everyone in attendance MUST Register before March 8th
- Direct Care Workers attending to assist you for the day must register for this event.
- Additional people must complete their own registration form.
- Use your HOME/VOTING address to register. Business addresses or PO Boxes are not allowed.
- No on-site registration or walk-ins.
- 9:30 Check in: Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Drive, Madison stop by Voting Resource table. Spring Statewide Election April 2
- 10:30 Briefing on Survival Coalition’s current issues, planning time and lunch
- 12:15 Rally at the State Capitol, Hamilton Street Entrance (3 blocks away)
- 1:00- 3:00 Attend Legislative visits
- 3:00-3:30 Check out and debrief after your visit at the Capitol
- Participants support Survival Coalition’s mission to maximize community inclusion for all people with disabilities,
- Participants must attend the 10:30 a.m. briefing at the Monona Terrace Convention Center and attend your legislative visits at the scheduled time with your group.
- Coordinate your own transportation (if you need assistance) to the Capitol (3 blocks away)
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE March 8, 2019 must be postmarked and paid for by March 8, so we have time to schedule your legislative visit for you.
Don’t forget your Blue Disability Advocacy Day T-Shirt!