425 Better Way
Print flyer WisconSibs Facilitator Training 2-9-19
Who benefits from attending WisconSibs training?
Siblings age 16 and older of people with disabilities
School and child care personnel
Therapists, health professionals
Current Sibshop facilitators looking to refresh their knowledge; gain new insight
This one-day WisconSibs Facilitator training has two sessions:
Morning Session – for all participants
8:30 am – noon
- Review of sibling concerns across the life span and strategies that work to address them.
- Panel discussion with adult siblings
- Goals and operation of WisconSibs Sibshop, SibDays of Summer, and Sib Camp in early sibling experience
- Sibshop basics, facilitator agreement, eligibility for stipends
Afternoon Session – for participants interested in facilitating WisconSibs Sibshops*, SibDays, or Sib Camp
1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Prepare Sibshop activities at Heart of the Valley YMCA
- Observe and participate in live Sibshop at Heart of the Valley YMCA, Kimberly
Event supported by the Green Bay Packers Foundation
Note: $30 deposit required to secure your reservation. $20 will be refunded when you attend (not refunded for cancellations or no-shows)
Questions? We are happy to answer any question. Just contact us
*Note: This is not first-generation Sibshop training (offered in the past by Don Meyer, retired director of the Sibling Support Project) that allows trainees to start their own brand of Sibshops. This is training for individuals interested in joining the troupe of WisconSibs facilitators that will help expand the number of WisconSibs Sibshops offered throughout Wisconsin. WisconSibs, Inc looks forward to working with a growing troupe of trained WisconSibs facilitators to offer more siblings the opportunity to experience Sibshops and other WisconSibs programs in their local communities.