We can’t wait to hang out with the 43 campers who have siblings with disabilities enrolled this week. PLUS – more than 25 teens and young adults, most who are sibs themselves, are here to make sure kids have a safe, worthwhile and fun time at SibDays.
This year’s theme is “Every Day’s a SibDay!” One of our teen counselors suggested this theme last year. Each day we’ll celebrate a different holiday with many fun activities.
Today’s theme was Magic Day! We were lucky enough to have magician Jake from Mischief & Magic join us to kick things off. After the show, we practiced magic tricks and discussed some of the mischief and magic of having a sibling with disabilities. The first day ended with swimming and eating Magic Wand Kabobs!
Reminders for TUESDAY:
- The theme is Create your own Holiday! Come dressed up like your favorite holiday.
- Adults must sign their camper IN and OUT each day. Starting Tuesday, OLDER GROUP may be dropped off and picked up at the Small Shelter. All others will check in and out at Chris Brandt Shelter.
- Bring LUNCH EVERY DAY.
- Wear good walking shoes (no flip flops except on the beach.
- Bring swimsuit and towel. Also have a jacket in case weather turns cool.
- Don’t forget sunscreen and bug spray.
Here are the phone numbers of the SibDays directors in case you need to call or text them about your camper.
Amy – 920-819-8253
Gretchen – 920-366-9681
Jyll – 920-464-0101
Karenna – 920-740-4983